A. Introduction and uptime commitment
Sensat Digital Limited, along with its affiliates and group companies (together “Sensat” or “we”), is committed to providing a world-class experience to all of its customers. It is important for Sensat to know that its customers are not prejudiced by service interruptions which affect or impact the running of their business and/or their experience of Sensat’s cloud-based data visualisation platform (the “Platform”).
Sensat therefore provides a 99.5% uptime commitment for all users of the Platform.
In the event Sensat isn’t able to adhere to this 99.5% commitment and this impacts a customer’s organisation, for those customers on the Sensat and Sensat Enterprise plans of the Platform, Sensat will apply a service credit (further details below) to the relevant customer account for future use.
For the purposes of this SLA, “uptime” is the percentage of total possible minutes the Platform was available” during one calendar month.
Sensat’s commitment to its customers is to maintain at least 99.5% uptime, as follows:
[(total minutes in month - downtime) / total minutes in month] > 99.5%
For the purpose of this SLA, “downtime” is the aggregate number of minutes the Platform was unavailable during a calendar month. This unavailability is tracked and monitored via server monitoring software. Downtime does not always necessarily affect all users at the same time or in the same way, especially when users are located in different jurisdictions.
Downtime does not include the following:
- issues, performance-related or otherwise, with individual Platform features (such as file uploads);
- issues that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within Sensat’s direct control);
- issues that result from factors outside of Sensat’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems;
- issues that result from any action or inactions taken by you or any third parties;
- issues that result from Sensat’s suspension and/or termination of your right to use and/or access the Platform pursuant to our General Terms and Conditions;
- any products or features which are identified as pilot, beta or similar; and
- any planned downtime (further details below).
D. Planned downtime
As with all online services, the Platform occasionally suffers disruptions and outages, and we need to perform maintenance and upgrades to ensure the Platform continues to operate smoothly and efficiently.
As and when planned downtime for maintenance of upgrading is required, we will endeavour to give sufficient advance notice, which will normally not be less than 48 hours but in each case subject to the nature and circumstances of the planned maintenance or upgrading.
E. Service credits
If we can’t uphold our uptime commitment, we will add credit to your account in an amount equal to up to 10 times the amount your organisation paid during the period your account and data was unavailable. This will take the form of a service credit. When you renew your customer contract with Sensat, we will draw from your credit balance before invoicing the relevant subscription fees.
Please note that service credits:
- are not a refund and cannot be exchanged for a corresponding cash amount;
- are capped at 30 days of paid service;
- are only available if you are up-to-date in terms of your Platform subscription payments;
- expire on the termination or expiry of your customer contract with Sensat; and
- shall be the sole and exclusive remedy for any failure on the part of Sensat to uphold its uptime commitment.
F. Amendments and updates
Sensat reserves the right to update or amend the contents of this service level agreement for valid reasons including, but not limited to, to reflect any improvements in the functionality or features of the Platform or the addition of new Platform functions or features.
All customers and users of the Platform are encouraged to check the latest version of this service level agreement by visiting this page.