Measure: distances and angles between points
Using the line tool
The line tool enables you to measure the distance between selected points in metres and to calculate the bearing* of a line in degrees. It also allows you to draw lines on your map to annotate things such as access routes.
- Select the line icon in the left-hand toolbar.
2. Navigate to the desired area of your project.
3. Perform a single-click to select the first point in the line, then unclick.
4. Move the cursor across to your second point and click again to lay down the first part of your line. If you want to create a multi-point line repeat this action until you are done.
5. Double-click on the final point to finalise your line measurement.
6. Your measurements will be saved as a post in the Uploads and Markups panel.
* bearing = the angle (in degrees) measured clockwise against North (North being 0°):
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
We’re here for you....
See Sensat in action
Better data. Accurate pricing. More innovative solutions.