Navigating using site coordinates
The fly to coordinate tool enables you to fly to an exact location within your project and to mark that location with a point markup. Once defined, the markup can be edited or attachments added as usual.
Location coordinates must be defined in metres, entered in either a X, Y or X, Y, Z format and be within the boundaries of your project CRS (Coordinate Reference System), for the fly to coordinate tool to work.
Latitude/Longitude units are not supported at present, however if you have coordinates in this format, they can easily be transformed to match your project CRS using this website https://epsg.io/ or contact us for assistance.
Coordinate Reference System (CRS):
Every project on Sensat has a CRS. To view what CRS your project is using, go to settings (at the top of the right-hand toolbar) and select project settings. A CRS is a series of mathematical rules that defines the location of a point (X, Y, Z) in a defined space and ensures that different sets of geospatial information within a project (e.g. a pointcloud and a CAD model) can align with one another correctly.
How to use the tool
1. Select the helicopter icon in the left-hand toolbar
2. Enter your coordinates, defined in metres and separated by commas. Both X, Y and Y, Y, Z formats are accepted. If you don’t provide a z-coordinate we will estimate the elevation for you.
N.B. the coordinates you enter must be inside your project CRS or you will not be able to fly to them.
3. Once you have entered valid coordinates, a grey box will appear, listing your coordinates and showing a point icon. Clicking on this grey box will fly to your chosen location.
4. A transparent point markup will be displayed at the exact coordinates that you defined. At this stage you can choose to save the point by clicking on it or hitting enter. Alternatively, you can discard the markup by pressing ESC or closing the Add coordinates window.
5. If you have chosen to keep the markup, it will appear as in the image below. The uploads/markups panel will also open, providing you with the opportunity to edit the markup e.g. change the name, apply an icon, add it to the timeline etc or add an attachment.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
We’re here for you....
See Sensat in action
Better data. Accurate pricing. More innovative solutions.